Saturday, April 01, 2006

The First Read O' the Morning

While most of my media consumption comes through a RSS aggregator, I read 5 to 7 newspapers a day, sadly enough. So much so that by the time I get into my desk at work, I have newsprint caked on my hands.

But the habitual first read of the day is Slate's "Today's Papers", something I could not do without. This feature, written mainly by Eric Umansky, is the first thing I read each morning when I stagger from my bed to my laptop.

It summarizes the front pages of the major papers and links directly to the stories. Since a number of friends have not heard of this cool little newsletter, I urge you to check it out if you haven't already.

I would so love Slate to start a sister newsletter, something that looks at the business sections of the major dailies-- I would love to see that, and would even pay for it.

No comments: