Monday, March 06, 2006

Mahjong? I Hardly Know Her!

For all those I've hooked on Su Doku, I'm proud to link you to another maddening little timewaster: Mahjong, courtesy of the Gorillaz official site.

It's essentially a match game, with Wikipedia explaining it thusly: "The 144 tiles are arranged in a special four-layer grid with their faces upwards. A tile that can be moved left or right without disturbing other tiles is said to be exposed. Exposed pairs of identical tiles (Flower tiles in the same group being considered identical) are removed from the grid one at a time, gradually exposing the lower layers to play. The aim of the game is to clear the grid by pairing up all the tiles. The game is finished when either the grid is empty, or there are no exposed pairs remaining." Interestingly, the name of the Chinese-originated game translates to "hemp general".

This is how sad my addiction to the game is: I played the game for more than 2 hours yesterday, time I really did not have to goof around. This is probably why I didn't return your call, beautiful.

Enjoy and don't hate me too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a child, Chris. I was playing Majong on a black-and-white Palm Pilot on the #2 train in 1996, when the #2 train didn't have midwestern accented auto-announcers.

And we had to walk uphill to school, both ways. In the snow. Without shoes.

Chris said...

Heh. You oldie, with your diapers and the constant constipation...

Well, I know I wasn't first to get addicted-- Confucius developed the game about 500 BC. So I'm like 2,500 years to late, which is about par for the course for me.