Sunday, February 25, 2007

5 of 11 "SNL" Castmembers Love Arcade Fire

Reporting from 30 Rockerfeller Center: Want to to know why Arcade Fire ran off the stage during the closing credits of "Saturday Night Live" last night?

Because, in something that is apparently rarely done at Studio 8H, they played a mini-concert for the audience. Making up the front row of the 3-song set was Seth Meyers, Amy Poehler, Fred Armisen, Bill Hader and Andy Samberg, all looking absolutely transfixed by this band. The Fire has some high-powered fans, for sure, and converted a good chunk of the audience last night as well.

It's odd that my highlight of the show happened off-camera-- at the end of their three-song set, they played "Wake Up", off the stage and in the audience. Amazing. The cameras were rolling, I'm hoping this appears somewhere.

Also a funny tidbit: Five seconds before the show went back live for Arcade Fire's second song, Rainn Wilson looked at lead singer Win Butler and, in a very deadpan voice, asked what happened to his guitar (he had smashed it during their first song). Ha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was there and it changed my life. Thank God for Arcade Fire.

Anonymous said...

I have never been so envious of a studio audience in my entire life. Please,someone get something up on youtube for the rest of us poor souls!

KevinInMedia said...

Did I read this correctly? February 26th was your last post?!? Slacker. :P

Ha Ha Sound said...

Yo dude, had a great time on Friday. I owe you many drinks. And don't forget to send me that link when you get a chance.